directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject migrating to Apache Directory Server 1.5.5 (was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Server 1.5.5 released)
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 13:49:23 GMT

hi Brian,

> Version 1.5.4 has been very stable in my installation for some time.
thanks for choosing ADS :)

> I would like to upgrade to 1.5.5 just to keep the system tidy and up to
> date, but I am also keen to look at the new journal feature.
upgrading is a good thing but the journal feature is in a experimental state at the moment
and I think it remains so till the version 2.0 comes out

> I don't use replication, but I have a customised schema and quite a lot
> of entries. Doing a clean installation and a fresh populate of my
> directory is too much work to contemplate at this time, so I did some
> digging on the web site.
>
> Perhaps I didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find anything about
> how to upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5... I can see from the changelog that
> server.xml is different. Is there a simple upgrade path for me?
sadly no, however I suggest that you to do it in two steps

1. Tweaking new server.xml to fit to your existing setup (feel free to talk to us if you have
any q/issues)

2. Take a LDIF export of the existing data and import into the new server

As I said above, feel free to talk to us here on ML or on #apache-directory on irc.freenode.net
related to any questions/issues you face while modifying 1.5.5 server.xml to fit your existing
server setup

Kiran Ayyagari