directory-users mailing list archives

From Brian Burch <br...@PingToo.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Server 1.5.5 released
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 13:26:37 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Apache Directory Server 1.5.5 released !
>
> The Apache Directory team is proud to announce that the long expected
> 1.5.5 version has been released yesterday.
>
> Downloads are available at
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/downloads.html

Version 1.5.4 has been very stable in my installation for some time. I
would like to upgrade to 1.5.5 just to keep the system tidy and up to
date, but I am also keen to look at the new journal feature.

I don't use replication, but I have a customised schema and quite a lot
of entries. Doing a clean installation and a fresh populate of my
directory is too much work to contemplate at this time, so I did some
digging on the web site.

Perhaps I didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find anything about
how to upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5... I can see from the changelog that
server.xml is different. Is there a simple upgrade path for me?

Regards,

Brian