directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio]
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:51:28 GMT
Hi Justin,

Justin Usher - Ford wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone point me to a step by step guide for how to set up & configure
> Kerberos from within Apache Directory Studio for the embedded server?
>
> I have tried checking the box for Kerberos and setting a port, but this
> doesn't seem to do anything (i.e. there's nothing listening on that port
> once I start the server).

No chance :-(

Kerberos in ApacheDS 1.5.4 (the version embedded in Studio 1.4.0) is
broken. Hopefully in Studio 1.5.0 we could upgrade to ApacheDS 1.5.5 and
also add a small wizard to setup a KDC server.

> I have looked on the Wiki, but the only examples I can see are for the stand
> - alone directory.

Could you please try to setup Kerberos for a standalone ApacheDS 1.5.5
using [1] on wiki? I'd be glad if you could give feedback if it works or
not :-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1]