directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio]
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:50:50 GMT
Justin Usher - Ford wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone point me to a step by step guide for how to set up & configure
> Kerberos from within Apache Directory Studio for the embedded server?
>
> I have tried checking the box for Kerberos and setting a port, but this
> doesn't seem to do anything (i.e. there's nothing listening on that port
> once I start the server).

Ok, bad news : the embedded version (1.5.4) is broken, kerberos server
doesn't work. We have started to fix it, and should be better in 1.5.5,
but we have to embed this version in Studio 1.5.0.

As ADS 1.5.5 has been released this week, we can expect to get a 1.5.0
version for Studio in the newt weeks (sorry, no exact date yet).

FYI, the ADS Kerberos server is highly experimental atm. It will
stabilized in the next 6 months, hopefully.

Hope it helps (at least to allow you not to waste too much time)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org