directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Should we drop support for the Linux PPC version of Studio?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:41:43 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi,
> As I'm currently going across DIRSTUDIO-523 (Update Eclipse dependencies to
> version 3.5 Galileo), I'm wondering if it still make sense to support a
> Linux PPC version of Studio.
>
> Just like Apple is doing with Snow Leopard, I'd suggest we drop support of
> this platform for the next version (1.5).
>
> I don't think the ratio between the number of users using the version (if
> any) and the time spent to maintain the internal repo with specific jars,
> the size of the distribution on the repositories and during the release
> process (uploading to the mirrors), is worth it...

How many downloads ?

As we have had more than 100 000 downloads since Studio has been
released so far, I guess that if it's oly about a few tens, the we can
drop it, and let those who are interested in having such a release to
cut it by themselves, as we have all the instructions needed to get it
done. Of course, if they do, and provide the patches, we can apply them.

I understand your concern, Pierre-Arnaud.

Btw, why don't we have Studio working for my Sinclair ZX-81 ? ;)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org