directory-users mailing list archives

From Petteri Heinonen <petteri.j.heino...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Export a schema from an existing LDAP
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:37:53 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to setup a translucent OpenLDAP proxy, where ActiveDirectory would be the backend.
For that translucent proxy to work correctly, I would need a OpenLDAP compatible LDAP schema
of ActiveDirectory. Is it somehow possible to export the schema of a running LDAP server (such
as Active Directory) in OpenLDAP compatible format using DS?

I'm starting to think that I'm missing some important point here, as there seems to be very
little information about this available in the net. Is there some technical issue which prevents
getting AD schema out of AD? I would suspect that someone else would also have needed AD schema
for OpenLDAP for this or for some other purpose, but according to my investigations this seems
not be the case... also Samba and LDAP mailing list users had no real comments about this.
Am I trying something impossible here?

-Petteri Heinonen