directory-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Kampe <thors...@thorstenkampe.de>
Subject Re: Questions regarding ADS query handling
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:58:47 GMT
Just to follow up my own questions: I really love ApacheDS because of
the sheer beauty and simplicity of its setup and configuration but I
find some rather odd behaviour the more I dig into internals:

4. I tried to query the RootDSE object via Python - without sucess -
then I tried the same with OpenLDAP's ldapsearch: same issue:

thorsten@tkampe% ldapsearch -x -LLL -b "" -s base
dn:
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: top

...while the same queries work against an eDirectory and Active
Directory server. It also seems that LDAP clients have problems
displaying the RootDSE object: Softerra's six year old LDAP Browser and
Apache Directory Studio can display the RootDSE object while LDAP Admin
and LDAPSoft's LDAP Browser can't. What's going on here?

Thorsten