directory-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Kampe <thors...@thorstenkampe.de>
Subject Questions regarding ADS query handling
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:18:52 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to query ApacheDS via Python-LDAP and I found a number
of weird things (in comparison to Active Directory and eDirectory):

1. when I run a query with attrlist = [''] - this actually returns all
attributes (like "attrlist = []" or "attrlist = None") - while in Active
Directory and eDirectory the server returns no attributes at all. Is
that intended?

2. ApacheDS seems to ignore "attrsonly = False" - it always returns the
values. Is that intended?

3. I ran a query against ou=system and ApacheDS returned ou=system seven
(!) times (each with a different createTimestamp value). That seems very
odd to me. Is there any explanation?

Thorsten
[1] search_s(base, SCOPE_SUBTREE, attrlist = [''], attrsonly = False)