directory-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Kampe <>
Subject Re: Certificate for TLS connection to ApacheDS
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:56:07 GMT
* Kiran Ayyagari (Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:47:15 +0530)
> > I'm trying to bind to ApacheDS 1.5.4 via TLS with Python-LDAP. For
> > that ("OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE") I need the "X.509 certificate of the
> > CA that certified the LDAP server's public key".
> >
> > Where or how can I get that key?
> The certificate and the key pair data is stored in the admin entry
> with DN uid=admin,ou=system
> P.S:- You can use Apache Directory Studio to extract the required
> information.

Thanks for the response. Could you elaborate? I tried to get the
certificate with LDAP Admin, Softerra LDAP Browser and LDAPSoft's LDAP
Browser but I was not able to establish a TLS connection with those
certificate(s) (while it worked to Active Directory and eDirectory).

Do I have to export publicKey, privateKey or userCertificate? How can I
export that with Apache Directory Studio?

View raw message