directory-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions regarding ADS query handling
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:05:25 GMT
Hi Thorsten,

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Thorsten Kampe
<thorsten@thorstenkampe.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to query ApacheDS via Python-LDAP and I found a number
> of weird things (in comparison to Active Directory and eDirectory):

We really appreciate this.  It's finding these oddities that allow us to
improve the server.

> 1. when I run a query with attrlist = [''] - this actually returns all
> attributes (like "attrlist = []" or "attrlist = None") - while in Active
> Directory and eDirectory the server returns no attributes at all. Is
> that intended?

This smell's like a corner case bug for ApacheDS.  I see you filed a few
issues in our JIRA.  Don't know if this was one of them but feel free to add
if you did not.

> 2. ApacheDS seems to ignore "attrsonly = False" - it always returns the
> values. Is that intended?

Nope this is yet another bug.

> 3. I ran a query against ou=system and ApacheDS returned ou=system seven
> (!) times (each with a different createTimestamp value). That seems very
> odd to me. Is there any explanation?

Yeah this is weird.  I know that we made ou=schema return an updated
timestamp if any schema information has changed but I do not think we do
this for ou=system.  Perhaps just reporting this as a bug is best now until
we get to the bottom of it.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org