directory-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject Re: Backup and migration
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:58:22 GMT
Right now you would have to shutdown the server then just copy or tar up the
contents under the partitions folder then restart the server.  Eventually
this shutdown/restart must go away for production use that does not require
maintenance windows for this process.  I hope to get there for 2.0 but we'll
To restore just shutdown the server, and replace the old partitions
directory then start the server.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:53 AM, <> wrote:

> Hello,
> I did not find an entry in the documentation about backing up and
> restoring ADS (ver.1.5).
> A similar task is migration from development to production server.
> Does someone have a hint ?
> Regards
> M.Muncke

Alex Karasulu