directory-users mailing list archives

From Murali K Gandrakota <murakris...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Attribute Caching question
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:45:18 GMT
Hi,
I found the solution to this problem.
I was using jre 1.6 and hence the server was running in loop.
Using JRE 1.5 solves the problem.
Regards,
Murali

Murali K Gandrakota/India/IBM
27/07/2009 02:19 PM

users@directory.apache.org
cc
elecharny@gmail.com, users@directory.apache.org
Subject
Re: Attribute Caching question

Hi,
I have another similar problem with 1.5.5.
Upon adding custom schema and starting the server I get these errors on
the console infinitely and the whole application
runs into an infinite loop.As a result, i cannot connect to the server.
Also the other observation is that this server dump runs fine on another
machine without any problem.
What could be the possible problem and how do we resolve it?
I feel the problem could be machine specific.

Regards,
Murali krishna G

The following is the error seen :
"....
[10:29:27] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultMatchingRuleRegistry]
- Unknown MatchingRule OID 2.5.13.2
[10:29:27] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultMatchingRuleRegistry]
- Unknown MatchingRule OID 2.5.13.2
[10:29:27] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultMatchingRuleRegistry]
- Unknown MatchingRule OID 2.5.13.2
[10:29:27] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultMatchingRuleRegistry]
- Unknown MatchingRule OID 2.5.13.2
[10:29:27] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultMatchingRuleRegistry]
- Unknown MatchingRule OID 2.5.13.2
....."

Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>
Sent by: elecharny@gmail.com
27/07/2009 01:58 PM
Please respond to
users@directory.apache.org

users@directory.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Attribute Caching question

Ok,

can you create a JIRA for this ?

I will try to have a look at it this week.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html>

<elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

>> sumit goyal wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I have a question regarding attribute caching in Apache DS 1.5.5. In
my
>>> setup, we define a few custom object classes (in turn having custom
>>> attributes). We specify their caching in the server.xml file under
>>> <indexedAttributes> as "<jdbmIndex
attributeId="tdsFullyQualifiedObjectId"
>>> cacheSize="100"/>". Now we are specifying pre-defined attributes the
>>> similiar way i.e: "<jdbmIndex attributeId="dc" cacheSize="100"/>".
>>>
>>> When I start my server, I get messages like:
>>>
>>> [11:58:06] WARN
>>> [org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultOidRegistr
>>> y] - OID for name 'tdsFullyQualifiedObjectId' was not found within the
OID
>>> regis
>>> try
>>>
>>> whereas, the attribute is there in the schema. And these messages are
>>> thrown
>>> only for custom attributes.
>>> Can anyone suggest what could be reason for the warning, and how
should i
>>> go
>>> about resolving it.
>>>

>> Hmmm... First guess is that the index is initialized *before* the
>> oidRegistry is up in memory, so the init can't associate the
AttributeType's
>> name with its OID. This is most certainly a bug, and requires a JIRA.
>>
>> However, I *think* you can use the attribute's OID as a workaround :
>>
>> <indexedAttributes> as "<jdbmIndex attributeId="<OID>"
cacheSize="100"/>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html>

--
Regards,