directory-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Allen" <Gregory.Al...@SierraAtlantic.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Minimum JVM memory requirements?
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:26:58 GMT
I want to run ApacheDS on a linux VM that has very limited resources.

I see from the default apacheds.conf file that the minimum and maximum
memory for the
JVM is set to 384M:

# Initial Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.initmemory=384

# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.maxmemory=384

I'd like to lower this value if at all possible.

Can I safely lower it? Or is that the real minimum for things to work?
If I can lower
it, what would be a good value to use?

Thanks!

-- Greg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DISCLAIMER:"The information contained in this message and the attachments (if any) may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. You are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, review, retransmission,
or taking of any action based upon this information, by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message, and have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and kindly delete the original
message, attachments, if any, and all its copies from your computer system. Thank you for
your cooperation."