directory-users mailing list archives

From <Marc-Peter.Mun...@bmi.gv.at>
Subject AW: Backup and migration
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:40:49 GMT
Hello,

Theres a bit more to it

You need to copy the server.xml
Then you will have troubles opening items with their own Object definition at server startup
like this :

[14:13:48] WARN [org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.DefaultServerEntry] - Cannot read
the attribute as it's OID ('2.2.10') does not exist

Etc.

You need to export your own objects and reimport into the new instance. Copyiing files did
not work for me.

Regards
M.Muncke

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Karasulu [mailto:akarasulu@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 13. Juli 2009 23:58
An: users@directory.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Backup and migration

Right now you would have to shutdown the server then just copy or tar up the contents under
the partitions folder then restart the server.  Eventually this shutdown/restart must go away
for production use that does not require maintenance windows for this process.  I hope to
get there for 2.0 but we'll see.
To restore just shutdown the server, and replace the old partitions directory then start the
server.

Regards,
Alex

--