directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Attribute Caching question
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:54:35 GMT
sumit goyal wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a question regarding attribute caching in Apache DS 1.5.5. In my
> setup, we define a few custom object classes (in turn having custom
> attributes). We specify their caching in the server.xml file under
> <indexedAttributes> as "<jdbmIndex attributeId="tdsFullyQualifiedObjectId"
> cacheSize="100"/>". Now we are specifying pre-defined attributes the
> similiar way i.e: "<jdbmIndex attributeId="dc" cacheSize="100"/>".
>
> When I start my server, I get messages like:
>
> [11:58:06] WARN
> [org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultOidRegistr
> y] - OID for name 'tdsFullyQualifiedObjectId' was not found within the OID
> regis
> try
>
> whereas, the attribute is there in the schema. And these messages are thrown
> only for custom attributes.
> Can anyone suggest what could be reason for the warning, and how should i go
> about resolving it.

Hmmm... First guess is that the index is initialized *before* the
oidRegistry is up in memory, so the init can't associate the
AttributeType's name with its OID. This is most certainly a bug, and
requires a JIRA.

However, I *think* you can use the attribute's OID as a workaround :

<indexedAttributes> as "<jdbmIndex attributeId="<OID>" cacheSize="100"/>

as it's done for Apache internal attributes.

Can you confirm ?

Thanks !

> Thanks in advance.
> Sumit
> Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html>  -
> "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org