directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions regarding ADS query handling
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:28:39 GMT
Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Kampe schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to query ApacheDS via Python-LDAP and I found a number
> of weird things (in comparison to Active Directory and eDirectory):
>
> 1. when I run a query with attrlist = [''] - this actually returns all
> attributes (like "attrlist = []" or "attrlist = None") - while in Active
> Directory and eDirectory the server returns no attributes at all. Is
> that intended?

Yes, different LDAP behave different. Please try to use attribute '1.1'
as defined in RFC 4511 [1], that is the magic number that should work
for all LDAP servers ;-)

> 2. ApacheDS seems to ignore "attrsonly = False" - it always returns the
> values. Is that intended?

attrsonly=false returns the values, of course. Do you man attrsonly=true?

> 3. I ran a query against ou=system and ApacheDS returned ou=system seven
> (!) times (each with a different createTimestamp value). That seems very
> odd to me. Is there any explanation?

Yes, that is odd. Could you please create an issue in our Jira [2]? Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4511#section-4.5.1.8
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER