directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: invalid .ldif? [newbie]
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 16:35:34 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Camilleri wrote:
> Well, it seems to me that lines 8/9 do not start off with a space, although
> Burch wrote that they should be .  Apache Directory Studio seemed to point
> out issues in that part, so I'm thinking that the parser "did not like" the
> spacing there, is this so?

Almost all your lines (except line 1) start with one or two spaces. I'd
suggest you remove them all. Maybe that is really an issue with CR/LF.

>From RFC2849 [1]:
Any line that begins with a single space MUST be treated as a
continuation of the previous (non-empty) line.

An issue in the Studio LDIF editor is that it needs a newline at the end
of the file, so please add one.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2849.txt