directory-users mailing list archives

From Brian Burch <br...@PingToo.com>
Subject Re: invalid .ldif? [newbie]
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 13:36:51 GMT
Jonathan Camilleri wrote:
> I've just loaded an .ldif file within Apache Directory Studio and the
> program is pointing out /Unexpected token/.  I can't see anything wrong
> with the file, any ideas pls?

Don't know about apache studio, but I've often had this sort of error
with command line ldapmodify when I've copied a windoze or os2 based
ldif file to unix and then updated it there. In almost every case, I've
tracked it down to a cr/lf problem.

If this is possible in your case, edit the file under linux; go to EVERY
single end-of-line position and delete characters until the next line
concatenates with the current one; hit return. (repeat for every line,
including the last empty line).

Hope that helps!

Brian