directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible high CPU utilization
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:52:12 GMT
Hi Ioannis,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Ioannis
Mavroukakis<imavroukakis@gameaccount.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Got a real bastard of a problem..since I released latest trunk (from a
> couple of weeks ago) on our live servers, every 4 days or so, we start
> seeing huge spikes in CPU usage (over 100 entries in the tree).
> The only thing that seems to resolve it is to blow away the apacheds
> directory from the disk, and then that fixes it..don't have much more
> information than that at the moment I fear, but any pointers
> as to where to look would be appreciated.

JVM version, OS ? (just for the record)

Can you check the MINA library version you are using ? Is it MINA
2.0.0-M6 ? (should be somewhere in the libs)

Also can you generate a thread-dump ? (kill -3 on linux)

How many resquest per second ?

Have you indexed the attributes ?

Can you change the logs to debug (except for the ASN.1 codec,
otherwise it will be too verbose).

If needed, we can have a IRC session later tonite (10 pm Paris time)

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,