directory-users mailing list archives

From Ersin ER <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apacheds triggers] few issues
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:20:32 GMT
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 17:34, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:

> Varun Dev schrieb:
> > Hi,
> > I am new to apacheds and LDAP. I am trying to setup triggers and Ersin
> > Er's presentation and the white paper have been really helpful so far. I
> > have been able to trigger add, modify and delete events.
>
> Yeah, very good resources.
>
> > * apacheds 1.5 looks for stored procedures in [ou=Stored
> > Procedures,ou=system] by default. How can I change the location of a
> > stored procedure.
>
> This is fix in the code. Why do you need to change the location?

This can easily be made configurable but we did not see an obvious reason to
do that. Also IMO SPs should not be located "anywhere" in the server or they
should be managed (using access control) very carefully. They can be
dangerous in wrong hands ;-)

> > * when you change the byte code inside a stored procedure, you have to
> > restart the server for new class to be called by the trigger, can this
> > be fixed?
>
> Afaik we just use the default java classloading mechanism, so once the
> class is loaded it can't be changed. One idea we have is to use java
> scription API see [1]. Maybe it is also possible to use BSF [2].

The class loading stuff is bit hard to get it right. If you file and issue
and explain your requirements in detail we can have a look at it.

Scripting support is a TODO, but I would really like to move to Java6 in
order to leverage the scripting API.

> Kind Regards,
> Stefan
>

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-993