directory-users mailing list archives

From "Varun Dev" <varun....@onmobile.com>
Subject [apacheds] issues with ACI
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:19:33 GMT
Hi,
I am new to apacheds and LDAP, I have recently downloaded and installed
apacheds. I want setup access control in my directory. When I import the
example files on a fresh installation

apache_ds_tutorial.ldif
authz_sevenSeas.ldif

the user - Horatio Nelson does not have any permissions as per
prescriptiveaci in  sevenSeasAuthorizationRequirementsACISubentry

In apacheds 1.0, Horatio Nelson can login, when I try to edit some
attribute of a user I get following error in the apache studio and I
don't see any trace in log files.

Error while modifying value
 - [LDAP: error code 50 - failed to modify entry cn=Cornelius
Buckley,ou=people,o=sevenSeas: null]
  javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - failed to
modify entry cn=Cornelius Buckley,ou=people,o=sevenSeas: null];
remaining name 'cn=Cornelius Buckley,ou=people,o=sevenSeas'

In apacheds 1.5, Horatio Nelson can't even log in throwing the following
error
Error while opening connection
 - [LDAP: error code 50 - INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS: failed for
SearchReques

As of now am not sending the whole trace.. will send it if someone wants
to see..
If someone has a test setup and send me a an example for access control,
that would be great !!

Please help :)