directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [apacheds triggers] few issues
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:34:58 GMT
Varun Dev schrieb:
> Hi,
> I am new to apacheds and LDAP. I am trying to setup triggers and Ersin
> Er's presentation and the white paper have been really helpful so far. I
> have been able to trigger add, modify and delete events.

Yeah, very good resources.

> * apacheds 1.5 looks for stored procedures in [ou=Stored
> Procedures,ou=system] by default. How can I change the location of a
> stored procedure.

This is fix in the code. Why do you need to change the location?

> * when you change the byte code inside a stored procedure, you have to
> restart the server for new class to be called by the trigger, can this
> be fixed?

Afaik we just use the default java classloading mechanism, so once the
class is loaded it can't be changed. One idea we have is to use java
scription API see [1]. Maybe it is also possible to use BSF [2].

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-993
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/