directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Weird error when modifying a single attribute
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:43:12 GMT
Yiannis Mavroukakis wrote:
> Mega slow email, sorry for the late reply,
>
> Here is the code that does the modify (used to work under OpenLDAP)
>
> LdapContext ctx = JNDIUtils.lookup( LdapContext.class ,
>        "external/ldap/gameaccount" );
>        LdapRecord record = null;
>        LdapContext dir = JNDIUtils.lookup( ctx , "ou=Player" );
>              Attributes attrs = new BasicAttributes();
>              BasicAttribute oc = new BasicAttribute( "objectClass" );
>        oc.add( "top" );
>        oc.add( "person" );
>        oc.add( "organizationalPerson" );
>        oc.add( "inetOrgPerson" );
>        oc.add( "gaPlayer" );
>        attrs.put( oc );
>        put( attrs , "cn" , alias );
>        attrs.put( "userPassword", password.getBytes() );
>        dir.modifyAttributes( createLdapName( new Rdn( "cn", alias ) ),
>                LdapContext.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE, attrs );

I have the same test working (slightly different, nut not that much) :

        try
        {
            DirContext systemCtx = ( DirContext ) getWiredContext(
ldapService ).lookup( "ou=system" );
            String rdn = "cn=Kate Bush";

            Attributes attrs = new BasicAttributes();
            BasicAttribute oc = new BasicAttribute( "objectClass" );
            oc.add( "top" );
            oc.add( "person" );
            oc.add( "organizationalPerson" );
            oc.add( "inetOrgPerson" );
            attrs.put( oc );
            attrs.put( "cn" , "Kate Bush" );
            attrs.put( "userPassword", "test".getBytes() );
            systemCtx.modifyAttributes( rdn,
                      LdapContext.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE, attrs );
        }

Can you add your own test in the server-integ project (operations ->
modify) and give us the result ?

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny