directory-users mailing list archives

From "Jordi Pujol" <jordi.pujol.ul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: distribution list, group of Contacts and groupOfNames
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 14:37:10 GMT
Hi, Ioannis.
Finally i find a workaround to acomplish my objective.
What i want to do is to implement all my addressbook of contacts in LDAP.
The addressbook in Outlook, Windows Mail, etc... has two kind of contacts:
contacts and groupOfContacts.
The first it's easy to do. Just look what are the mapping between the
contact fields and ldap attributes....
The problem is in the group of contacts.
The group of contacts in several email windows clients is an xml with
references to another contacts, that the email client translate in sending
time into list of addresses.

I try to implement a groupOfNamesEmail that has the list of mail members in
mail attribute.
But doing the tests, i see that this never works.

Why?

Because Windows Mail, Windows Mail Live Mail, Outlook Express, etc....,
builds the mail field with this : "cn <mail>".....
If you put this in mail ldap attribute :
user1@mydomain.com,user2@mydomain.com,user3@mydomain.com, ...., you obtain
in email client program this "cn
<user1@mydomain.com,user2@mydomain.com,user3@mydomain.com", and it never
works because it's an invalid email address....

Perhaps, if i use ActiveDirectory or ExchangeServer, this is well
implemented, and easy to do....

But i found a little more easy solution:

Start o ldap attribute with a classifing string like this: "clients:
enterprise name", or "provider: enterprise name"....

Doing this i can do searchs putting only "client" or "provider" in the field
"Organization" in Windows Live Mail, and select the resulting list, and so
on.....

Easy and with no headaches....

Thanks to all for the support!