directory-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Allen" <Gregory.Al...@SierraAtlantic.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] Using ApacheDS for web authentication
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 14:38:26 GMT
Stefan,

  > The better solution would be to embed ApacheDS as a Tomcat Realm
anyway.
  > In order to do so you (we?) have to write a realm which embeds
ApacheDS
  > instead of a web application which embeds ApacheDS.
  >
  > In this case, the start order would be no problem, and it would be
much
  > clever to do this, because the realm implementation can talk
directly to
  > ApachsDS instead of using the network layer.
  >
  > I think we (Apache Directory Project) should implement this and
provide
  > it to our users, It would make a perfect example for embedding
ApacheDS
  > + It would help people like you.

This sounds like the right solution to me too.

My next question is when?  How much work is this?

I would be happy to help, either by attempting the implementation or
testing out something that the ApacheDS people create.

If you want to contact me off the list, feel free.

Thanks,

-- Greg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DISCLAIMER:"The information contained in this message and the attachments (if any) may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. You are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, review, retransmission,
or taking of any action based upon this information, by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message, and have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and kindly delete the original
message, attachments, if any, and all its copies from your computer system. Thank you for
your cooperation."