directory-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Allen" <Gregory.Al...@SierraAtlantic.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] Using ApacheDS for web authentication
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 00:59:47 GMT
Thanks, Alex. This has been very helpful.

I first set up my application to use Tomcat and ApacheDS standalone.
That's
working with a <Realm> set up in the Tomcat server.xml file to talk to
ApacheDS to do the authentication - my login page is using forms
authentication.

I've now gotten ApacheDS embedded in my application.  I can see from the
log
file that it starts up when my webapp starts.

Now my question is this - can I use the forms authentication
(j_securitycheck)
with the embedded ApacheDS instance?  If I leave the <Realm> defined in
the
Tomcat server.xml, I get connection problems as the embedded ApacheDS
hasn't
started yet (and Tomcat just seems to stop there).

This may be a Tomcat configuration issue, I'm not sure.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

-- Greg