directory-users mailing list archives

From "Jordi Pujol" <jordi.pujol.ul...@gmail.com>
Subject distribution list, group of Contacts and groupOfNames
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 06:03:37 GMT
Hi, all!
My names is Jordi and i'm implementing an addressbook in Apache Directory Server to work with
several email clients like Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, etc...
This work well with normal contacts, if you know the mappings that use Windows email clients...

But the problem comes when i try to emulate the group of contacts in the LDAP side...

As you know there are two group classes in LDAP, groupOfNames and groupOfUniqueNames, but
they hasn't the mail attribute....
In past, there was the rfc822mailmember but it seems that is deprecated....

If i build the groupOfNames, i can find from the email client, but obviously, doesn't have
the mail attribute.....

My question, there is any solution to acomplish that?

I think that perhap a solution is to build a procedure that we you call from email clients
with their cn=emailList return a "contact" with mail attribute build in with the list of mail
members......

Before start to study how to do that, program it, etc.... anyone knows if this idea is useful
and can work?

Thanks to all!