directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Using ApacheDS for web authentication
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 20:35:04 GMT
Greg Allen wrote:
> This sounds like the right solution to me too.
>
> My next question is when?  How much work is this?
>
> I would be happy to help, either by attempting the implementation or
> testing out something that the ApacheDS people create.
>
> If you want to contact me off the list, feel free.

Basically it is only implementing this interface.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/index.html

In the first run, it is probably sufficient to provide only a subset of
the methods, primarily a version of authenticate and hasRole.

I will try to create a first version at weekend, and keep you informed.
Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan