directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS modification logging
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 10:17:01 GMT
jfmelian@free.fr wrote:
> Hi,

> We have embedded an Apache DS in an application.
> After we create a partition and add some entries, all access are read access
>
> Some times when the application crash the partition of apache DS could be corrupted and
Apache DS could not start
> How to avoid the corruption ?
> How to repair partition ?

First, it would be good to know which version you are embedding. Anyway,
in this case, it won't help a lot...

We don't have any way to repair the partition atm, we have to add such a
feature. However, if your application is just using ADS to read entries,
one solution would be to save the partition files, or to make them read
only.

If you are modifying the partition, then extracting the entries as a
LDIF file on a regular basis could help (you will then just have to
remove the partition's files and inject the saved LDIF).

FYI, we are working on a disaster recovery system for the next version,
and we already have a journal which stores all the modification done on
the server, as a LDIF file. The idea is to restart from a stable
checkpoint, applying the journal will restore the base.

Hope it helps...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com