directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: trouble creating own schema
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 13:49:10 GMT
Sascha Janz wrote:
> hi,
>
> i got some trouble creating my own schema. i use apache directory studio to create my
schema. it's quite simple.  then i export it to an ldif file. switching on ldap view and import
it. but the new objectclass "BPMObjekt" is not there! when i try to add a new entry "BPMObjekt"
isn't there.

> can someone help please?

The LDIF is correct, first. What you have to do in order to get the
schema available is simply to close the connection and to re-open it.
You should now be able to 'see' your ObjectClass.

The problem is that the schema is loaded once when the connection is
opened, but not anymore. I think there is a JIRA created for this
problem (normally, refreshing the schema should be enough).

If it does not work, feel free to post again.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com