directory-users mailing list archives

From ayyagarikiran <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clearning the embedded server, or partition
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 06:03:29 GMT
hi Paul,

Paul Edwards wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Another probably trivial question, which I can't seem to find an easy answer to.
>
> I now have the embedded server starting up etc. I can add loads of data via the ldifreader.
However when I rerun the test, all the data is still present, so it fails. How does one easily
clear the partition?

> I tried doing:
>                 directoryService.removePartition(partition);
> 		partition.destroy();
> 		log.debug("Deleted partition: " + partition.getSuffix());
>
> at the end of the run, but that doesn't clean. Tried to delete the partition and then
recreate, also doesn't do it. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

Destroying a partition using 'directoryService' will not delete the data.
> I suppose I could just write some java to remove the server-work directory, but that
doesn't seem a very clean solution to me.

AFAIK this is the *only* way to clean/remove the partition data

Kiran Ayyagari