directory-users mailing list archives

From Yiannis Mavroukakis <imavrouka...@gameaccount.com>
Subject Re: Embedded apacheds for junit
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 08:56:14 GMT
I've cobbled this together from all the docos floating around the site,
please excuse the lazyness displayed in parts of the code :-) Bear in
mind this is not the complete initialization required to bring Embedded
ApacheDS up, merely the partition and context creation bits , but this
may be all that you require. My main class also implements
SchemaConstants in order to have easy access at some constants.

Main partition creation class:

==========================

private DirectoryService directoryService = new DefaultDirectoryService( );
Partition myPartition = addPartition( "myorg" ,"dc=myorg,dc=com" );
createPartitionContext( myPartition , "myorg" ,"com" );
createContext( myPartition , "myOu" );

private void createPartitionContext( Partition partition ,
            String ... context )
    {
        try
        {
            // FIXME bit of a kludge but will do for the time being.
            StringBuffer strBuff = new StringBuffer( );
            for( int i = 0; i < context.length; i++ )
            {
                strBuff.append( "dc=" ).append( context[ i ] );
                if( i + 1 != context.length )
                {
                    strBuff.append( "," );
                }
            }
            // create the context entry
            ServerEntry entry = new DefaultServerEntry( directoryService
                    .getRegistries( ) , new LdapDN( strBuff.toString( ) ) );
            entry.put( OBJECT_CLASS_AT , TOP_OC , ORGANIZATION_OC ,
                    EXTENSIBLE_OBJECT_OC );
            entry.put( ORGANIZATION_NAME_AT , "myorg" );
            entry.put( "dc" , context[ 0 ] );
            // add the context entry
            AddContextPartitionOperationContext adOpContext = new
AddContextPartitionOperationContext(
                    directoryService.getAdminSession( ) , partition );
            adOpContext.add( entry );
            directoryService.getPartitionNexus( ).addContextPartition(
                    adOpContext );
        }
        catch( Exception e )
        {
            log.fatal( "Directory failed to add context to partition," ,
e );
        }
    }

private void createContext( Partition partition , String ouName ,
            String ... context )
    {
        try
        {

            ServerEntry entry = factory.make( LdapFactoryConstants.ORGUNIT ,
                    partition , directoryService.getRegistries( ) ,
ouName );
            // add the context entry
            AddContextPartitionOperationContext adOpContext = new
AddContextPartitionOperationContext(
                    directoryService.getAdminSession( ) , partition );
            adOpContext.add( entry , clusterBypass );
            directoryService.getPartitionNexus( ).addContextPartition(
                    adOpContext );
        }
        catch( Exception e )
        {
            log.fatal( "Directory failed to add context to partition," ,
e );
        }
    }

private Partition addPartition( String partitionId , String partitionDn )
            throws Exception
    {
        // Create a new partition
        Partition partition = new JdbmPartition( );
        partition.setId( partitionId );
        partition.setCacheSize( 1000 );

        partition.setSuffix( partitionDn );
        partition.init( directoryService );
        directoryService.addPartition( partition );

        return partition;
    }

The factory class (truncated, some bits only used for my workplace)

import org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.SimpleAuthenticator;
import org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.DefaultServerEntry;
import org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerEntry;
import org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.Partition;
import org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.Registries;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.constants.SchemaConstants;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.name.LdapDN;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.util.StringTools;

import javax.naming.InvalidNameException;

import com.ga.directory.LdapFactoryConstants;
import com.ga.directory.exception.LdapFactoryException;

/**
 * @author imavroukakis
 *
 */
public class LdapObjectFactory implements SchemaConstants
{

    Partition partition;
    Registries registries;

    /*
     * (non-Javadoc)
     *
     * @see com.ga3.directory.LdapObjectFactory#make(java.lang.String)
     */
    @Override
    public ServerEntry make( LdapFactoryConstants type , Partition
partition ,
            Registries registries , String ... entries )
            throws LdapFactoryException
    {
        this.partition = partition;
        this.registries = registries;
        switch( type )
        {
            case ORGPERSON:
                try
                {
                    if( entries.length == 4 )
                    {
                        return makeOrgPerson( entries[ 0 ] , entries[ 1 ] ,
                                entries[ 2 ] , entries[ 3 ] );
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        throw new LdapFactoryException(
                                "Incorrect number of arguments for type "
                                        + type );
                    }
                }
                catch( InvalidNameException e )
                {
                    throw new LdapFactoryException( e );
                }
            case ORGUNIT:
                try
                {
                    if( entries.length == 1 )
                    {
                        return makeOrgUnit( entries[ 0 ] );
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        throw new LdapFactoryException( );
                    }
                }
                catch( InvalidNameException e )
                {
                    throw new LdapFactoryException( e );
                }
            default:
                throw new LdapFactoryException( );
        }
    }

    private ServerEntry makeOrgUnit( String ou ) throws
InvalidNameException
    {

        StringBuffer strBuff = new StringBuffer( );
        strBuff.append( "ou=" ).append( ou ).append( "," ).append(
                partition.getSuffix( ) );
        // create the context entry
        ServerEntry entry = new DefaultServerEntry( registries , new
LdapDN(
                strBuff.toString( ) ) );
        entry.put( OBJECT_CLASS_AT , ORGANIZATIONAL_UNIT_OC );
        entry.put( OU_AT , ou );
        return entry;
    }

    private ServerEntry makeOrgPerson( String cn , String sn ,
            String description , String password ) throws
InvalidNameException
    {
        class SimpleAuthenticatorFacade extends SimpleAuthenticator
        {

            @Override
            public String createDigestedPassword( final String algorithm ,
                    final byte[ ] password ) throws
IllegalArgumentException
            {
                return super.createDigestedPassword( algorithm ,
password );
            }
        }

        final SimpleAuthenticatorFacade auth = new
SimpleAuthenticatorFacade( );
        final String encPass = auth.createDigestedPassword( "SHA" ,
StringTools
                .getBytesUtf8( password ) );

        // FIXME bit of a kludge but will do for the time being.
        StringBuffer strBuff = new StringBuffer( );
        strBuff.append( "cn=" ).append( cn ).append( "," ).append(
                partition.getSuffix( ) );
        // create the context entry
        ServerEntry entry = new DefaultServerEntry( registries , new
LdapDN(
                strBuff.toString( ) ) );
        entry.put( OBJECT_CLASS_AT , ORGANIZATIONAL_PERSON_OC );
        entry.put( CN_AT , cn );
        entry.put( SN_AT , sn );
        entry.put( "description" , description );
        entry.put( USER_PASSWORD_AT , StringTools.getBytesUtf8( encPass
) );

        return entry;

    }

}

public enum LdapFactoryConstants
{
    ORGPERSON,
    ORGUNIT
}

Hope that's enough to get you going, in the throes of copy pasting I may
have forgotten some stuff so please let me know..