directory-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Grundler <matthias.grund...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] How to increase Java VM Heap Space on Mac OS X 10.5.6?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 06:02:27 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

thanks for your very quick response!

Unfortunately, this did not seem to solve my problem. I have now
created the file where you suggested and put in the content from the
FAQ, which probably should give at least 128 MB of heap space:

> cat /Applications/Apache\ Directory\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/ApacheDirectoryStudio.ini
-vmargs
-Xms128m
-Xmx512m
-XX:PermSize=128m
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m

> ls -al /Applications/Apache\ Directory\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/ApacheDirectoryStudio*
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 matthias admin  68512  8 Apr 23:31 /Applications/Apache
Directory Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/ApacheDirectoryStudio
-rw-r--r--  1 matthias admin     70 17 Apr 07:51 /Applications/Apache
Directory Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/ApacheDirectoryStudio.ini

However, I'm still stuck with 64 MB according to what's shown in the
status line at the bottom of the main Studio window, and I still
experience the same crashes, so there again seems to be no difference
at all.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Best regards,
Matthias