directory-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Allen" <Gregory.Al...@SierraAtlantic.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Using ApacheDS for web authentication
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:28:40 GMT
I'm new to ApacheDS, so forgive me if these questions are simple...

I would like to use ApacheDS as the authentication module for a web
application, probably
bundled in somehow with Tomcat (or maybe embedded)?

First, is this a something that ApacheDS would/could be used for?

Second, I'd like users who come to the site have the ability to create
their own accounts. Could
this be done with ApacheDS?  You see these types of login pages all over
the web, where you
can create an account if you don't already have one.

Lastly, assuming the answers are yes to first two questions, is there a
sample application
somewhere out there that I could look at that does this type of thing?

Thanks in advance,

-- Greg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DISCLAIMER:"The information contained in this message and the attachments (if any) may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. You are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, review, retransmission,
or taking of any action based upon this information, by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message, and have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and kindly delete the original
message, attachments, if any, and all its copies from your computer system. Thank you for
your cooperation."