directory-users mailing list archives

From PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+apach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError building DS trunk in a RAM-limited Xen DomU
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 04:45:57 GMT
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:31 PM, PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+apacheds@gmail.com> wrote:
> how can i force the mvn build to work in my allocated RAM/swap?  i've
> though that the JAVA_OPTS setting would/should override any default
> settings ...

fwiw, as Dom0 _root_ (not available to all, eventual users, of
course), providing some additional resource to the DomU:

  xm create -c memory=2048 maxmem=2048 vcpus=2 auth.cfg

then,

  mvn install -Dintegration

gets past the aforementioned error, and the build/test are now
chugging away.  so, looks like "not enuf RAM" is certainly the (a?)
culprit.

so, as above, _can_ i somehow override the -Xmx defaults for the build?

thanks.