directory-users mailing list archives

From PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+apach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS beginner's installation questions
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 04:29:00 GMT
kiran,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com> wrote:
>> is there amy reason/advantage to have used the .rpm instead?
> AFAIK, not much, you can use RPM command for managing an .rpm bundle/package

ok

>> i'm continuing to stumble thru the discovery of docs, and having a time of it :-/
> most of the doco on the website are outdated, sorry for that.

are there up-to-date docs _somewhere_?

>> on freenode, however, i can find no trace of either channel.  are the  moved? broken?
dead?
> No. These channels are active and you can find us there :)

hrm.  really?  i'm logged on tp freenode at the moment ... i see 5424
channels, but _not_ these :-/

>> suggests that to edit/modify configuration i need the SpringIDE.   is that still
the case?
> NO, not required

great, thx.

>> (3) when I use Studio on the LAN box, is is storing config/data/etc _locally_ or
on the server?  if the latter,
>>  _where_ in the directory structure are they saved?
> it is stored in a directory named '.ApacheDirectoryStudio' under user's home
> directory on
> the system where Studio was installed

ah.  which is an issue for me, per the next question ...

>> (4) my goal is to be able to remotely administer the Server, config etc.

(snip)

seems like remote copy is my friend for now.  remote admin of configs
-- on the server -- would be nice, eventually ...

> HTH
> --
> Kiran Ayyagari

it does. thanks!