directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS beginner's installation questions
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 04:43:23 GMT

PGNet Dev wrote:
> kiran,
>
> are there up-to-date docs _somewhere_?
there are some docs but are mainly related to architecture and ot doher implementation level
ideas
You may find this page helpful http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/apacheds-v15-basic-users-guide.html

Please feel free to post your questions(if any) here on ML.

>>> on freenode, however, i can find no trace of either channel.  are the  moved?
broken? dead?
>> No. These channels are active and you can find us there :)
>
> hrm.  really?  i'm logged on tp freenode at the moment ... i see 5424
> channels, but _not_ these :-/

try /join #apache-directory , you will find me with nick 'ayyagari'

>>> (4) my goal is to be able to remotely administer the Server, config etc.
>
> (snip)
>
> seems like remote copy is my friend for now.  remote admin of configs
> -- on the server -- would be nice, eventually ...
Yeah,I think this will be possible once we move the configuration into DIT which
will most likely be there in version 2.0

--
Kiran Ayyagari