directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Schema when does it update and where does it come from?
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:32:08 GMT
Hi Christian,

Christian Brennsteiner schrieb:
> hi group,
>
> i am having a little bit of a problem with a specific opends server
> hosting a self created schema.
> my general problem is that apache ds studio thinks of a custom
> objectClass that us defined as aux that it is structural.
>
> so my question is how can i tell if the problem is with opends or
> apache ds studio?
>
> opends's management gui says its aux , apache ds studio says it is
> structural. who tells the truth here?
>
> is there a way to check if opends tells apache ds studio the wrong thing?
> can i refresh a schema in ds studio?

You could do both in the schema browser (right-click your connection and
choose "Open Schema Browser")

The schema browser has a "reload" button.

Select your object class and check the "Raw Schema Definition" if it is
STRUCTURAL or AUXILIARY (not just AUX). If absent the default is
STRUCTURAL, see RFC4512.

Kind Regards,
Stefan