directory-users mailing list archives

From Martin Alderson <eq...@planetquake.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] OutOfMemoryError
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:07:31 GMT
> Ok, so we still have a serious issu we have to fix quickly...
>
> Can you give us the information about the used JVM, memory used and such
> so that we can reproduce the problem easilly ?
>
> May be we should reopen the JIRA too.
>
> Thanks !

Sun JVM on Windows:
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_14-b03)

I'm only running 1.5 so I can use JMP though - I have also run tests
with 1.6 and had the same problem.

I'm starting the server with default settings - which I think is -Xmx 64m.

You should be able to reproduce by just starting with a base ApacheDS
instance, adding a few thousand entries then searching for them.

I created an LDIF with 25000 users of the form:

dn: uid=user1,ou=users,ou=system
objectclass: person
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: top
cn: user1
displayname: test user
sn: test
uid: test1

then I added them with: ldapmodify -h 127.0.0.1 -p 10389 -D
uid=admin,ou=system -w secret -f users.ldif -a

I searched with: ldapsearch -h 127.0.0.1 -p 10389 -D uid=admin,ou=system
-w secret -z 2000 -b ou=users,ou=system -s one -LLL (objectclass=*) 1.1

This has a delay of a few seconds before the 2000 results are shown.
Searching without the size limit (-z 2000) gives the OutOfMemoryError
without returning any results.

Martin