directory-users mailing list archives

From "St3ve" <st...@quantentunnel.de>
Subject [Studio] Password Editor - MD5 Hash Format
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:14:38 GMT
Hi there!

I have been searching the web for an answer to my question, but couldn't
find any related stuff.

I am using the "password editor" for setting an user password, hashed with
MD5 algorithm.

Typing the password "test", the password preview section in the editor shows
"{MD5}CY9rzUYh03PK3k6DJie09g=="

and Password (Hex): "098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6".

When I query the server to get the password hash, I receive the one that is
listed as the password preview.

What algorithm do I need to use to get the Hex Format?

Greetings,

Steve