directory-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Kovach <kov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP error code 80
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:34:00 GMT
I just looked at the documentation on creating an index for my id attribute
and am a little confused.  I'm looking at the Indexing Attributes section of
the tuning guide<http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/91-performance-tuning.html>,
and the documentation does not seem to match up with what I'm seeing in my
1.5.4 installation.

In the tuning docs it says that I need to add an entry to my server.xml file
similar to the following...

<property name="indexedAttributes">
      <set>
        <bean class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
          <property
        </bean>

However, in my server.xml file it looks like an index is setup in the
following way...

<indexedAttributes>
          <jdbmIndex attributeId="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.1"
cacheSize="100"/>
          <jdbmIndex attributeId="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.2"
cacheSize="100"/>

Is this document incorrect, or am I missing something?  Thanks.

- Kevin

--
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

-- Winston Churchill