directory-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Kovach <kov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP error code 80
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 15:56:45 GMT
First, thanks for the response and information.

But, I want this id to be a string.  That's what I am after.  When you say,
"If you pass something which can't be translated to a String, it will
consider it as a byte[], but that will fail when doing a search against
String value", what do you mean?  Pass to what?  The search method?  Are you
talking about my filter?

If so, I don't believe I'm passing anything that can't be translated to a
String.  As I stated, in this example, I generate a random string of length
25 and do a search for that to see if it is unique.  Why it would consider
my random string a byte[].

Thanks again for the help.  I appreciate it.

- Kevin

--
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

-- Winston Churchill