directory-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Kovach <kov...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP error code 80
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 07:29:01 GMT
Hello,

I am currently running ApacheDS 1.5.4 on 64-bit Ubuntu.  I have a Java
application that's storing objects in the directory.  Those objects use a
custom schema with an auxiliary ojectclass that contains an id attribute.
That id is a 25 character string of alphanumeric characters, and I have the
attribute set to a directory string.   I create a random id for a certain
set of the objects, and when I generate a new one I first do a lookup to
make sure that it's unique in my DIT.

When doing this uniqueness search, I sometimes but not always see the
following error returned from ApacheDS.  I've changed my oid, the object
name, and hostname for some anonymity, but this is it in a nutshell...

DEBUG httpSSLWorkerThread-8081-2 localhost - Got random id
eKsFGqG9CxKbmwlvGKFX6ajOV. Checking to see if its unique...
DEBUG httpSSLWorkerThread-8081-2 localhost - Performing LDAP search for
filter (myid=eKsFGqG9CxKbmwlvGKFX6ajOV)
ERROR httpSSLWorkerThread-8081-2 localhost - NamingException: [LDAP: error
code 80 - OTHER: failed for     SearchRequest
        baseDn : '2.5.4.11=users,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=localhost'
        filter :
'(MYOID.1.15=eKsFGqG9CxKbmwlvGKFX6ajOV:[9223372036854775807])'
        scope : whole subtree
        typesOnly : false
        Size Limit : no limit
        Time Limit : no limit
        Deref Aliases : deref Always
        attributes :
: java.lang.String cannot be cast to [B]

I'm not sure I understand what this is telling me.  Like I said, this does
not occurr every time either.  I'm also confused as to what the
':[9223372036854775807]' is appended to my filter?  Any help or insight
would be appreciated.  I will of course be happy to provide more detail as
needed.  Thanks.

- Kevin

--
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

-- Winston Churchill