directory-users mailing list archives

From Sudheer Kumar <sudheerarim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to bind and search binary data in Apache DS?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:00:38 GMT
Sudheer Kumar wrote:
> Thanks for the information. However, what I want is to
> store a String (an xml data) in the form of binary in Apache Directory
> Server.
What for ? Is there any reason you want to transform your string to a
byte[] ?

[Sudheer] I don't really want to do this. What I want is able to store
large Strings.  As String type has a limitation of 64K I have to store
the String as binary data! This is what I used to do even in Sun on
and Tivoli.  I want to do the same thing here too, but how?  As Apache
DS throws exception during storing on String data on binary attribute
I thought converting String to byte array would work.  I have no other
reason, in-fact it is something I don't want to do!

Thanks
--
Sudheer Kumar Arimbra
Senior Software Engineer