directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:17:08 GMT
Martin Alderson wrote:
> I've tried trunk now and though it is slightly different I still get the same OutOfMemoryError.
>
> With 1.5.4 it was as if the server was sending the entries to the client but caching
them somewhere - so the client would receive a few thousand results then the server would
hit the OutOfMemoryError.  Now no entries are returned (unless a low size limit is specified),
as if the server is building up the full list of entries in memory before attempting to send
any of them to the client.

> Any thoughts?

There was a problem in MINA 1.1.7 in 1.5.4. In fact, if you do a big
search request, responses are stacked into MINA until the
searchResultDone is found. It has been fixed while moving to MINA 2.0.
So now, in trunk if you still experience a OOM, then we should
investigate what happens.

We also fixed a memory leak somewhere else (don't remember, but Norval
Hope found it and we applied the patch)

Can you do some profiling session with Yourkit to see where the memory
is being sucked ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com