directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Open Source RCP Application: Apache Directory Studio !!!
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 00:24:55 GMT
Hi guys,

so we did it ! Last year, we were second, this year first, I cant
imagine where we will be next year !!

Ok, now, I would like to *thanks* those who made it :
- Stefan Seelmann, who brought Elbe, the SourceForge project he started
3 years ago, which became the LDAP browser
- Pierre Arnaud Marcelot, who brought the Schema Editor and the Apache
DS integration
- Felix Knecht who made the Maven integration possible and added the
german translation.

Of course, they did a lot more, since the initial version, but without
them, we would still be using ldapadd and ldapsearch ;-). Many other has
participated at some level or another to the effort, but those three
great guys did 95% of the work (at least).

Last, not least, a special thanks to Alex Karasulu who was at the origin
of the Apache Directory Server 8 years ago (I can believe he is still
around and kicking !!!). Without him gathering all of us around this
great project, nothing would have existed.

Thanks you all !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com