directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS installable on aix 6.1
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:18:45 GMT
Suganya Koteeswaran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is Suganya, working for Manhattan Associates. I have to look for
> LDAP. I am evaluating various ldap and came across apacheDS. I searched
> the internet looking for aix installable of apacheDS. I found it for aix
> 5.3. I want to know is there a support for aix 6.1 because our complete
> product has to be evaluated on the same.
It's Java based. If it works on AIX 5.3, I see no reason not to have it
working on AIX 6.1. We never tested it on either platform, however. If
Manhattan Associates is kind enough to donate such a system to The ASF,
then may be we can consider tested it :)
> Please revert back to me as
> soon as possible as our release date also is nearing so that I can
> proceed on the same.

We don't have any scheduled release date. This is not the way we work.
It's ready when it's ready. This is The Apache way ...

Remember that we are just a bunch of volunteers working on our free time.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org