directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Using LdifEntry with a ModifyOperationContext
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:18:58 GMT
Yiannis Mavroukakis wrote:
> A little note, this would have been sooo much easier if Ldif had a
> getAttributes() method..I could
> simply then create a new Modification list with ServerAttributes
> derived from the ClientAttributes..
The LdifEntry class existed before the Clent and Server Entry classes.
Those last two are not perfect too, especially as many functions using
them don't have an implicit conversion. The problem is that we aren't
using the generic Entry interface , which would have been better. But
it's not that simple...

Defining a new API is just a complex task !

Btw, what about creating a JIRA for the lack of getAttributes() method
in Ldif ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com