directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP error code 80
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 11:03:47 GMT
Kevin Kovach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently running ApacheDS 1.5.4 on 64-bit Ubuntu.  I have a Java
> application that's storing objects in the directory.  Those objects use a
> custom schema with an auxiliary ojectclass that contains an id attribute.
> That id is a 25 character string of alphanumeric characters, and I have the
> attribute set to a directory string.   I create a random id for a certain
> set of the objects, and when I generate a new one I first do a lookup to
> make sure that it's unique in my DIT.
>
> When doing this uniqueness search, I sometimes but not always see the
> following error returned from ApacheDS.  I've changed my oid, the object
> name, and hostname for some anonymity, but this is it in a nutshell...
>
> DEBUG httpSSLWorkerThread-8081-2 localhost - Got random id
> eKsFGqG9CxKbmwlvGKFX6ajOV. Checking to see if its unique...
> DEBUG httpSSLWorkerThread-8081-2 localhost - Performing LDAP search for
> filter (myid=eKsFGqG9CxKbmwlvGKFX6ajOV)
> ERROR httpSSLWorkerThread-8081-2 localhost - NamingException: [LDAP: error
> code 80 - OTHER: failed for     SearchRequest
>         baseDn : '2.5.4.11=users,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=localhost'
>         filter :
> '(MYOID.1.15=eKsFGqG9CxKbmwlvGKFX6ajOV:[9223372036854775807])'
>         scope : whole subtree
>         typesOnly : false
>         Size Limit : no limit
>         Time Limit : no limit
>         Deref Aliases : deref Always
>         attributes :
> : java.lang.String cannot be cast to [B]
>
> I'm not sure I understand what this is telling me.  Like I said, this does
> not occurr every time either.  I'm also confused as to what the
> ':[9223372036854775807]' is appended to my filter?  Any help or insight
> would be appreciated.  I will of course be happy to provide more detail as
> needed.  Thanks.

First, the [blah] value in the filter is just there to give some
information about the number of objects found using this index (here,
it's -1L, as you don't have any index set up for this AttributeType).
It's used for debug purpose.

Now, I guess that your AttributeType is not defined as binary. What
happends is that the serve consider the AttributeType to e
HumanReadable, and stores the values as String. If you pass something
which can't be translated to a String, it will consider it as a byte[],
but that will fail when doing a search against String value (because
comparing a byte[] and a String is not possible...).

I would suggest you define this AttributeType to be binary, that should
do the trick.
> - Kevin

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny