directory-users mailing list archives

From werner mueller <werner.muel...@mimacom.ch>
Subject ldap user - groups mapping question
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:00:52 GMT
hallo

a few days ago i started to setup apache ds (1.5.4) to have my own ldap
server. mainly to be able to sync users across different tools.

i had some trouble setting the server up. i started with the
apacheds-geronimo plugin. But the configuration format is quite
different. I've also tried the windows installers but the server did not
want to start ("path not found"). So setup was a bit messy.

Currently i am using the .tar.gz distribution on debian etch 4.0 with
sun jdk 1.6.

I've successfully created a new partition and a users and groups
organizationUnit. I was able to assign users into groups using
uniqueMember on a group (objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames)

I am now trying to assign users into groups using the uniqueMember
attribute on (inetOrgPerson). When i try to create a new user with
apache ds studio i get the following error message (full error message
below):

Entry [...] contains more than one STRUCTURAL ObjectClass:
[<groupOfUniqueNames>, <inetOrgPerson>]]

I've seen examples that do the very same thing (for ex. at
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1284894)

i don't understand why this does not work for me. some objectClasses
seem to dont work with each other.

so any help would be great :)

kind regards

werner

PS: Full error message from apache ds studio:

Error while creating entry
[LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: failed for Add Request:
ClientEntry
    dn:
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.3=po@edoras.ch,2.5.4.11=users,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=domain,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=org
    objectclass: inetOrgPerson
    objectclass: organizationalPerson
    objectclass: person
    objectclass: groupOfUniqueNames
    objectclass: top
    mail: po@edoras.ch
    sn: sn
    uniquemember: cn=admins,ou=groups,dc=domain,dc=org
    cn: cn
: Entry
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.3=po@edoras.ch,2.5.4.11=users,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=domain,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=org
contains more than one STRUCTURAL ObjectClass: [<2.5.6.17,
groupOfUniqueNames>, <2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.2, inetOrgPerson>]]